Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals – The Result of living in a Toxic World
Affecting our growth, reproduction, neurological pathways and immunity, it is imperative that our species comprehend the importance of preventative and functional medicine. One must immediately apply the necessary lifestyle changes to combat endocrine disruption, for our ultimate goal of health and wellness. The future of medicine is in disease prevention and the correction of hormonal imbalances caused by environmental and biological saboteurs. Â Not only do these endocrine disrupting agents cause issues in the endocrine system, but they can lead to inflammation.Â Inflammation as some of you may already know is the precursor to most / all of the chronic diseases that kill us today.
Some of the most common endocrine disruptors are found in everyday products:
- Metal food and beverage cans
- Plastic bottles
- Flame retardants found in most mass marketed furniture
- Paper Receipts
- BPA Plastic
How do endocrine disruptors destroy the hormonal signals in your body?
- They have the capacity to mimic hormones of the body
- They may block hormonal signals in the body
- They may alter the manner in which various organs operate.
- They may change the accuracy of how much of a particular hormone is secreted, then modify the outcome of that hormone and its communication in the body.
The fact of the matter is – we are exposed to these daily and from multiple sources.
2013, (WHO) released a report which was co-produced with the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). The report reviewed just to whatÂ extentÂ these endocrine disrupting chemicals were causing health related issues and maladies from Non-descended testes in that of young males to high levels of disruption in the nervous system development of children. Everything from ADHD, Autism and Thyroid Cancer was noted.
Because the endocrine system controls the development and function of reproductive organs and the tissues and organs that help regulate one’s metabolism and satiety, not taking heed of this advice may result in a lasting effect on future generations. Potentially your children’s children too may suffer what you had not eradicated today. Taking charge of your hormonal health should not only be for aesthetics and a feeling of well-being but in consideration of your future, and the future of your family genes.
Peptides are an excellent way to correct the endocrine from the result of endocrine disruption. Register or call our help line for more information on what may best suit your needs.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Endocrine Disruptors
- World Health Organization, Endocrine Disruptors and Child Health
- WHO February 19, 2013 Press release
- Degroote, StĂ©phanie et al. “Autistic-Like Traits In Lewis Rats Exposed Perinatally To A Mixture Of Common Endocrine Disruptors”. Endocrine Disruptors 2.1 (2014): e976123. Web.
- Friedrich, M. J. “Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals”. JAMA 309.15 (2013): 1578. Web.
- “State Of The Science Of Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals – 2012″. World Health Organization. N.p., 2016. Web. 29 Sept. 2016.